Sunday, March 23, 2008

Caroline, The New Generation

A favorite from December:

So while I try to instill sense and responsibility into Caroline, I also think it equally important that Caroline has a good sense of whimsy and fantasy and I try to ensure she gets a good dose of that too. Sometimes I wonder if I'm failing. The conversation this morning as the snow is falling, the tree lights are twinkling and we hear the church bells down the street pealing gleefully and loudly:

"Caroline! Do you hear the Christmas bells? Aren't they beautiful?"

"Mmm--hmm, they're pretty!"

"Did you know that every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings?"

A slightly worried look crosses her face..

"Um...Mom...when the bells ring, it usually just means some activities are going on at the church."

...and she nods her head solemnly, as if it hurts her to break such news to me.

Oh...

...

No comments: